This course covers the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit Supervise Asbestos Removal – NZQA Unit Standard 29767 includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal of asbestos containing materials.
Who Should Attend
People that should attend this course are those wanting to:
- People wishing to Supervise B Class removal
- People wishing to Supervise A Class removal
Note, there is only one (1) Supervisors course which covers both A and B Class material.
- plan for asbestos removal
- prepare site for removal
- supervise testing, compliance, and documentation in consultation with the assessor and the asbestos removalist
- oversee removal and decontamination processes
- supervise and support team members