This course includes preparing, containing and removing non-friable asbestos containing materials (ACMs), as well as knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This unit of competency – Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (B-Class) – CPCCDE3014A is recognised by Skills Organisation and WorkSafe New Zealand as equivalent in knowledge and skills to the NZ Unit Standard 29765. This course also covers the ARCP, SWMS Safe Working Method Statements (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with Asbestos Removals.
Who Should Attend
People that should attend this course are those wanting to:
- Remove only B Class non-friable asbestos, which is hard, solid, bonded and not easily crumbled by hand
- Remove more than 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos
- If you want to remove A Class friable asbestos you ONLY need to do an A Class course and do not need to do a B Class first
- Prepare for non-friable asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out non-friable asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements.
Book Upcoming Courses
- 3 February 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm