This course includes the outcomes required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and includes knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This unit of competency – Remove Friable Asbestos (A-Class) – CPCCDE3015A is recognised by Skills Organisation and WorkSafe New Zealand as equivalent in knowledge and skills to the NZ Unit Standard 29766. This course also covers the ARCP, SWMS Safe Working Method Statements (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with Asbestos Removals.
Who Should Attend
People that should attend this course are those wanting to:
- Remove A Class friable asbestos, which is non-bonded and crumbly
- An A Class qualification allows you to ONLY remove A Class.
Note: You do not need to do a B Class course first.
- prepare for friable asbestos removal
- prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- isolate removal site
- carry out friable asbestos removal process
- carry out decontamination process
- clean up work site
- contribute to and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements.
Book Upcoming Courses
- 21 January 2020 @ 8:30 am - 22 January 2020 @ 4:30 pm
- 4 February 2020 @ 8:30 am - 5 February 2020 @ 4:30 pm